Welcome to Better Cats and Gardens

a blog about all kindsa Stuff!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ghosts and Poetry

Where do all these corpses get off using my jaws to speak?

A change in season, and, O the mists and mellow fruitfulness!

A sullen mood and now you know how much Yo ya no soy yo.

And, Heaven help me, a woman! Better talk with a mouth full of spiders and marking with crosses of fire.

Stay dead, the Dead! Rot and crumble and just be dirt! (Or, reproductive, do these sentences themselves have life? -- Memetic insects crawling through the caverns in my brain.)

I'd like to squash them. But you know I've already planned it: A coming season's nostalgia, filled to the brim with bleakest winds and long-exhausted flowers.

1 comment:

Kateryna said...

You are channelling a woman poet? I hope it wasn't Emily Dickenson.

* shudder *

ps. I don't believe in that channelling B.S. but I do believe one can be haunted.

Yes there's a difference.