Welcome to Better Cats and Gardens

a blog about all kindsa Stuff!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Whole New _______

January 28th, not the 1st, but this year didn't begin on the first, did it?

No, it began with the move to Oregon, and the beginning of my job here with this unnamed National Service Organization, and that's how it ends, in two days time, except they're having a farewell dinner for me tonight, though I doubt they all want me to fare all that well--

And so the next Year starts now.

***

Interjection: An irate reader messaged me today. "I demand you start posting again regularly, Steve!" And I: "Certainly," though I forgot to actually send it until he'd gone away.

***

But what to post about? And this new Year, and this new -- life? -- and so, I don't know how much to write about the external world, or if I care.

(That is: I care. But the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the new Bolivian constitution are faraway and have little to do with whether or not I eat next month, and that has to take priority for now)--

And all this is to say, this is going to be a space filled with personal reflection for a while. I haven't walked my own mind in much too long a time. And that takes the whole thing maybe to a different sort of level, and not particularly interesting to the ones who live outside my head. But then, it's my blog, and that's what I want to do.

So next up: New Years Resolutions.

No comments: